What We Offer
JCRS offers a variety of specific products and services for insurance professionals and jewelers as well as educational information for jewelry purchasers.
For insurance professionals:
- Jewelry 101 Workshop for Agents, CSRs, Underwriters, and Adjusters, our popular one-day training program certified for 8 hours C.E. credit.
- FREE Claims Settlement Audit that can show insurance companies how much they overpaid jewelry settlements and point to solutions for reducing them.
- Award-winning jewelry claims solutions that streamline claims handling and reduce processing costs.
- ACORD XML Jewelry Standards that systematize and help produce the most complete and accurate appraisals for insurance purposes.
- Salvage & Recovery Services, JCRS’ outsource service for third-party settlement estimates.
- Jewelry Replacement Services that can offer cost-saving alternatives to paying out questionable claims.
- Jewelry Insurance Manual, the most complete and authoritative jewelry insurance manual for the industry available.
- Jewelry Insurance Issues, JCRS’ FREE monthly electronic newsletter.
- Certified Insurance Appraiser (CIA)™ training
- CIA™ Appraiser and Jewelry Insurance Documentation (JID™) Software
- Jewelers Block Inventory System
- Jewelry Inventory Manual
- Jewelry Appraisal Standards
For jewelry purchasers:
Jewelry information, an online resource for impartial information on how gems and jewelry are valued, along with guidance on what questions to ask and how to evaluate the answers, in order to get the best quality jewelry for your money.
— Checklist to take along when comparison shopping for jewelry.