Jewelry Insurance Workshop
- There are three good reasons for taking this course. First, there’s
the personal benefit of learning about the jewelry industry. Second, of
course, the 8 hours C.E. credit is nice. But most importantly, the workshop
enables agents to better serve their customers. I also was impressed by
the emphasis placed on the importance of good appraisals, and the workshop
explains how to tell the difference between good appraisals and inferior
ones. I went back to the office and looked at some of the appraisals in
our files. Boy, was I surprised!
- Thank you for a very informative class (6/30 in San Francisco). I took
this class, along with my husband, and we both learned so much about diamonds
and identifying a good appraisal that when we purchased a diamond ring,
we were able to make a more educated choice. We also found the information
helped us pick the jeweler we wanted to work with. The CE credits were a
- Mr. Hendry is extremely knowledgeable about this topic and has done his
- Agents need this training badly. The appraisals they accept for scheduling
usually have 1/2 the information that we need.
- This workshop would be beneficial to agents and marketing. I now have
more knowledge and terminology to use in my dealings with appraisers and
jewelers and in educating our insureds.
- It was eye opening to see the misrepresentation and fraud that exist
in the jewelry business.
- A lot of good information. The agents need to use the appraisal work sheets
and the jewelry insurance appraisal sheets we were given. It's too late
by the time I get the claim. We need to use these forms and become pro-active
in this area.
- In order for claims to save money on jewelry losses more accurate appraisals
must be required by underwriting.
- I learned a lot of what I need to look for on appraisals. Also, I learned
more of what information we need to obtain from insured on their claims.
- The information about jewelry will help me feel confident in talking
to experts, using terms of the trade.
- The manual is easy to read and well organized.
- Great workshop. Good use of video, handouts, and lecture!