CIA™ Graduate Comments
Typical comments from the Course Evaluation form:
Would you recommend this course to others?
- Yes, but not to my competitors.
- Thank you for your patience and enthusiasm on the subject. I truly enjoyed every minute of it, and ended up learning more than I anticipated. I feel very confident that your goal — which is now our goal — will be reached. Great workshop!
- I am more aware of how much I learned becoming a GG, and that I need to use even the things not used daily with customers… It was well worth the trip! This industry needs this standardization.
- Yes. It’s good to know why you’re really writing appraisals and how they’re being used.
- I liked your forms and book… [The course] made me AWARE of what I wasn’t doing – also showed me how I CAN CORRECT the problem... I appreciated the opportunity to come and take part in your class, the information you exposed us to, as well as the information you so graciously shared are invaluable to me. I couldn’t have picked a better time to come. I will be forever grateful. Yes. I feel I have a better understanding of the underwriting and claims departments of insurance. I feel like I can serve my customer’s better so that their needs are met for insurance appraisals.
- Yes. I now have a set standard to guide me so that no one appraisal is any better than another.
- Yes. Not many sources actually tell you just what underwriter needs. I now better understand the insurance company’s needs and how my appraisal can benefit both the insurance company and customer.
- Yes. Because it clarifies the insurance industry’s position and will help our (jewelry) industry appraisals to become more uniform.
- Yes, everyone who appraises should take this class even if they end up not using "The Form," just to understand the problem.
- Yes, because most jewelry appraisers don’t know how to communicate with insurance companies and are "frustrated" with trying. This offers solutions.
- Yes. Not many sources actually tell you just what underwriter needs.
- I now better understand the insurance company’s needs and how my appraisal can benefit both the insurance company and customer.
- I think the approach was very well thought out and should be very valuable to the students. The idea of standardized appraisal forms is long over due.
- Yes — more appraisers need to know what insurance companies need.
Do you feel better qualified to write insurance appraisals now?
- I have a very CLEAR perspective on what an insurance appraisal needs to contain. It [the course] really clears the air with regard to procedures for insurance appraisal.
- The insurance information in general and specifically to jewelry was very enlightening. I’m sure it will change my whole perspective on an appraisal when I now do them... I know my main objective now. Full description so [the] article can be accurately replaced. Value is secondary... Great information.
- Yes. I feel that I can service the customer better because the agent, adjuster and underwriter will all be able to do their jobs to the best of their ability because they will have the most accurate, complete, easiest to follow appraisal from me!
- Yes. Because I understand what the insurance companies want and I now have a checklist so I don’t forget anything.
- Yes. Better understand[ing] of insurance and what is necessary on all appraisals and why.
- Yes — have a much better feel for what insurance companies need to perform their functions.
- Yes. The details of appraisal will be much better, although I thought I was already detailed. The knowledge will help me in gaining customer trust and loyalty even more.
Which aspect of the Workshop was most valuable to you?
- Understanding the insurer’s side of appraisals. The format of the appraisal form is great for all involved. This way there isn’t things left out or forgotten. Sometimes we all need reminders... I really enjoyed the class. It was well worth my time and money. Lots of interesting facts, and new knowledge and history is always an enjoyment for me. I think, (and hope) the jewelry industry adopts (will adopt) the idea. And of course the instructor was fantastic, a wealth of information and knowledge.
- I appreciate being given a deluxe and unstinting of (sic) effort by being presented a complete, unabridged workshop.
- I feel I do detailed appraisals but will be even more detailed! I totally agree with your standards!
- Learning how insurance company uses appraisals and comes to indemnify their clients. With is, one can deduce what we, as appraisers, need to include on our appraisals...I wanted to compliment you on your publication. It is thorough and easy to read.
- I knew I needed this (course) years ago and spent a lot of time and money on workshops that promised but did not deliver the answer [to] "what does the insurance industry need?" This one did.
- Thank you for a very informative 4 days.
- I feel I have a better understanding of the underwriting and claims departments of insurance.
- I feel like I can serve my customers better so that their needs are met for insurance appraisals.
- This course is necessary for the industry as a whole. I see this as getting us on the right track.
- I now better understand how my appraisal can benefit both the insurance company and the customer.
- I have a very clear perspective on what an insurance appraisal needs to contain. It [the course] really clears the air with regard to procedures for insurance appraisal.
- I feel that I can serve the customer better because the agent, adjuster, and underwriter will all be able to perform their jobs with the most accurate and complete appraisal to follow — from me!
- The knowledge provided by this course will help me gain even more customer trust and loyalty.
- I’ve spent a lot of time and money on workshops that promised much, but failed to deliver. This course delivered!
- Yes, I'd recommend this course: it helps keep our industry honest and our appraisals complete.
- [This class] opened my mind about the insurance side of appraisals.
- With care, and full use of CIA training, giving more information [on appraisals] will create a more comprehensive report that is a real value added product for agent and consumer.